Date: 09-Dec-2020 – 10-Dec-2020
Location: El Jadida, Morocco
Contact: Mohammed Derdar
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Language Documentation; Ling & Literature; Translation
Subject Language(s): English
The Applied Language and Culture Studies Research Laboratory (ALCS) invites proposals for papers to be presented at its 6th International Conference on “Cultures and Languages in Contact” to be held at the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Chouaib Doukkali University in EL Jadida, Morocco on December 9 and 10, 2020.
The goal of this international conference is to bring together scholars working on current issues within the context of language, culture and translation studies. Specifically, the conference seeks to provide an overview of the state-of-the-art and explore new directions and emerging trends in cultures and languages and their contact.
All the proposals should go through a round of blind review by anonymous reviewers. The proposals for papers which will be selected to be presented at the conference are the ones which make a significant contribution to their respective fields. They should be informed by a related theory and observe the highest academic standards in terms of methodology and organization.
Areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
– Cultures and languages in contact and/or in conflict;
– Cultural translation and postcolonial discourse;
– Culture and society as reflected in translated Arabic works
– Migrant writing &diaspora
– Gender and popular culture;
– Media and translation studies;
– Amazigh culture and language
– Languages in contact;
– Language planning and language policy;
– Borrowing and structural transfer
– Cultures and languages across the curriculum;
– Current issues in Applied Language Studies;
– Literacy and adult basic education
Proposals for paper presentations should consist of a title, an abstract, and a short bio specifying the author’s current position and affiliation. Titles should be no longer than 15 words. Abstracts are limited to 250 words in length, and bios are limited to 50 words. Individual paper sessions will be 15minutes.Selected papers will be published in a Special Volume of Conference Proceedings. The language of the conference is English. Abstracts must be submitted through the EasyAbs facility using the following link: http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/6clc.
– Paper abstract submission deadline: September 16, 2020;
– Notification of acceptance: October 14, 2020;
– Paper submission: November 18, 2020;
– Conference: December 9 and 10, 2020.
The conference registration fee is 800 Moroccan Dirhams (80 Euros) covering access to all sessions, 1 lunch, coffee breaks and conference materials. The registration fee may be paid either cash on the day of the conference during registration or through transfer.