Date: 06-May-2021 – 08-May-2021
Location: Chicago, IL (Online), USA
Contact Person: Akshay Aitha
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
Call Deadline: 08-Jan-2021
The Chicago Linguistic Society is the oldest student-run linguistics organization in the United States. This academic year, CLS will host its 57th annual meeting, which will be held from from Thursday May 6 to Saturday May 8, 2021. CLS will be going virtual this year – details will be disseminated closer to the date of the event. See our website (http://chicagolinguisticsociety.org) for the latest updates!
Andrea Berez-Kroeker (University of Hawai’i)
Natalia Bermúdez (University of Chicago)
Kirby Conrod (University of Washington)
Vadim Kimmelman (University of Bergen)
Sandhya Sundaresan (University of Gottingen)
Kelly E. Wright (University of Michigan)
Second Call for Papers:
The Chicago Linguistic Society invites abstracts in any area of current research on the human language faculty, to include but not limited to syntax, morphology, semantics, pragmatics, sociolinguistics, phonology, phonetics, and all relevant interfaces and allied fields in cognitive/social sciences. Presented papers will be published in the CLS proceedings. This year’s conference features a poster session; those presenting a poster may be chosen as alternates for talks, and the poster presentations will be published as regular papers in the proceedings.
Submissions that fail to comply with any of the following guidelines will be automatically rejected:
(1) Submit abstracts in PDF format with the filename PaperTitle.pdf.
(2) Include the paper title and keywords (i.e., CLS special session title if applicable, linguistic subfield(s), language(s)/language family) within the abstract.
(3) Limit abstracts to two letter-sized pages in length, including data and references (just select references are acceptable). Use one-inch margins and a font size no smaller than 11 point. Incorporate data into the main text of the abstract, not on a separate page.
(4) Anonymize submissions by not including author name(s) in the abstract or filename.
(5) Use the EasyChair platform (https://easychair.org/cfp/CLS57) for the submission of abstracts.
(6) Restrict submissions to one individual and one joint abstract per author, or two joint abstracts per author.
We particularly encourage submissions relevant to this year’s proposed special topics:
– Language and Race
– Language documentation and revitalization
– Sign languages
– South Asian Languages
Submission deadline: January 8, 2021 by 11:59 PM CST
Notification: February 24, 2021
Conference dates: May 6 – May 8, 2021
For questions, please contact us at: email@example.com